The Boating Industry Association of Victoria is the peak body for the marine sector. It represents an industry worth $4.5 Billion dollars to the Victorian economy and provides over 17,700 FTE jobs.
The BIAV is member driven, with an elected Board that oversees the management of the association by a small but dynamic staff, in meeting the aims and objectives of the association to develop a progressive and sustainable industry and to promote recreational boating.
The BIAV own and operate the Melbourne Boat Show with proceeds from this event returned to benefit the industry via BIAV activities.
Membership is drawn from a wide diverse range of marine interests such as:
- Boat and Engine Manufacturing and Retailing
- Marine Accessories Manufacturing and Retailing
- Boat and Marine Engine Repairs
- Marine Distributing and Wholesaling
- Boating Holidays and Tourism
- And Much More