Waterways Operations Coordinator
Bring your sound knowledge of the marine industry and coordinate the operational activities within Melbourne’s Waterways and its Marinas!
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The Position… is mainly responsible to coordinate the operational activities associated within Melbourne’s waterways and its marinas along with coordinating high level operations functions of the Waterways team.
You will ensure our waterways infrastructure including wharves and marinas are fit for purpose and operate efficiently and effectively so as to meet both customer and waterways team needs.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to connect with a large variety of stakeholders, both internal and external. No two days will be the same. You will be required to work from both the office and on site to liaise closely with the community, manage relationships and deal with the operational requirements. You need to be able to manage your technical passion for the role, as well as keep on top of all administrative aspects associated with the role. Good understanding of different computer applications is important.
The appointee will also have a good understanding of Asset Management and the Marine environment.
Primary location for this role will be at the Melbourne City Marina, Docklands. The Waterways team operates on a seven day service; therefore this role may be required to work weekends from time to time.
You will have…
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and electrical systems in the marine environment
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with, negotiate, influence and gain cooperation from internal and external customers /stakeholders
- Well-developed customer service skills including a proven ability to deliver high quality service to a broad range of stakeholders
- Proficient with software packages including Microsoft Office suite, booking systems and financial management.
- A commercial boat operators (Coxains) licence or similar seamanship skillset or the willingness to gain knowledge in the area.
This is a Permanent Full Time position.
Applications for this position close 15 November 2017.
Important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
Questions about this position should be directed to Adam Buchholtz, Waterways Program Manager, 03 9658 8069.