Waterfront Services Manager
The Royal Yacht Club of Victoria is a progressive yacht club with a proud history. The Club provides boating facilities, an extensive yachting program and a range of services for its members and the wider community.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, energetic and motivated person to lead our yard and marina team based at the club’s premises on the waterfront in Williamstown.
As a ‘hands on leader’ of a small team, the Waterfront Services Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the yard and marina operation, with the emphasis on member service and maintaining high standards in this important area of the Club.
In addition to working ‘hands on’ you will be required to;
- Manage the daily operations of the boat yard including the travel lift
- Manage the marina, including maintenance and berth allocation
- Manage the use of all external areas of the Clubs grounds
- Manage staff and contractors
- Implement and monitor OH&S legislative requirements and Club policy
- Manage labour cost, work to budget and Invoice all works completed
The successful applicant is likely to possess;
- Significant operational/work yard experience
- Experience and knowledge of boating or the marine industry
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work the hours needed to meet the demands of the role
- Basic computer skills
- Current drivers and boat operator’s licenses.
- Licenses for operating travel hoist and fork lift
A salary commensurate with the responsibilities and duties will be provided. Excellent facilities including on- site parking and supportive management coupled with a unique working environment make this role an attractive option for the right person.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 16th March 2017.
Any questions, or if you require a copy of the Job Description please email to the above mentioned email address.