Baldwin Boats is a long established, highly awarded Boat Building/Retail Business in Mildura on the Murray River. We have an extremely diverse portfolio relating to the marine industry including marine sales, repairs, service, refits and construction.
This is an opportunity for a Foreman/Senior Welder to work in a purpose built facility in a team environment. You will be an experienced Foreman/Senior Tradesman running a busy boat building/repair facility and boat yard.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Coordination of projects.
- Read and understand plans.
- Provision of high quality aluminium welding with minimal supervision.
- Provide estimates of time required for tasks and maintain performance in line with these estimates.
- Provide technical advice in regard to boat building projects and maintenance services and identify solutions to problems.
- Identify any safety hazards and propose methods of minimising and eliminating those hazards.
- Act in a professional manner toward all clients and their staff, other contractors, general public and internal staff.
- Conduct work across a range of construction areas, with an emphasis on having multiple skills.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to handle the stresses of running a job and have a can do attitude.
- Be self-motivated and have the desire to complete projects successfully.
- Experience in coordinating building projects and/or project teams.
- Extensive experience and broad knowledge of construction work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong eye for detail with a focus on accuracy and quality first time.
- A recognised trade qualification or highly experienced in welding, specifically aluminium.
An attractive remuneration package in line with level of experience and range of skills will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Chris Baldwin at email@example.com. For inquiries contact 5022-7596.