FREE OH&S manual prepared by WorkSafe Victoria
As a member, you can receive a FREE yearly updated Occupational Health & Safety Manual prepared in conjunction with WorkSafe. It is an important and valuable resource that can be adapted to your own business and assist managers and employees to carry out their health and safety responsibilities and meet the requirements of Victorian health and safety legislation.
FREE travel insurance
Have peace of mind when travelling both overseas and within Australia with FREE travel insurance as part of your BIAV membership. Provided through Network Insurance Group, this travel insurance is provided for all members and their employees for business and personal travel.
And Many More….
- Events discounts: receive a discount on exhibitor space at Melbourne Leisurefest and at BIA Boat Shows throughout Australia.
- Logo usage: Publicise your membership of the association on stationery, advertisements and other promotional materials, using the BIAV Member Logo, BIAV Signage and Membership Certificate.
- Business promotion: Receive a free business listing and logo in the Shipmate Directory and in the online member directory on the BIA Victoria Website.
- BIAV Accredited Dealer: Be recognised as a leader in your industry and publicise your accreditation through the usage of the BIA Victoria Accredited Dealer logo (available to ONLY BIAV Dealers).
- Grants for Business Growth: BIAV offers members a grants liaison service. Whether it’s navigating Commonwealth or State Government funding programs such as Commercialisation Australia, Enterprise Connect , Grow Your Business grants or advice on what funding is available and where, the BIAV have a dedicated staff position to assist no matter what division you represent.
- 50 Point Safety Check: Increase your business clientele and profit by offering the BIAV 50 Point Safety Check to your customers. Similar to a point check on your vehicle, the safety check identifies issues on a vessel with safety in mind – ensuring safe boating for the owner (available to BIAV Service companies).
- Reduce your insurance premiums: BIAV has teamed up with IC Frith & Associates specifically to provide a Marine Insurance Package to members.
- Legal Advice: BIAV members are offered a half hour FREE consulation with BIA’s legal representative – David Syme for any contructural or other legal matters. Details can be obtained via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising opportunities: receive discounted advertising through the BIAʼs many publications.
- Publications: Remain up-to-date with the latest industry news through the quarterly BIA Industry News and fortnightly Marin-e-News.
- Networking opportunities: Exchange tips, gain advice and remain up-to-date in current marine industry information through meetings and networking functions.
- BoatsOnSale: List your products on BoatsOnSale for greater exposure. Once subscribed, you are not obligated to participate for a minimum contract term.
- Boat/Ramp Testing: BIA V members are able to use the National Water Sports Centre Ramp/Waterway when closed to public via appointment. Cost being $80 with refund given of $50 on return of key to Waterways Manager
- Training, Education, Recruitment & Human Resources: through our member to member services.
Available to any person, company, firm or division of such, that is primarily or principally engaged in the boating and marine industry.
Holds the equivalent status to full membership and is granted to any person, company, firm or division of such that is primarily or principally engaged in the boating and marine industry but whose premises is located outside a radius of 80 kilometres from the Melbourne GPO.
Companies with full membership status who have more than one business location and/or company name are entitled to enrol those businesses or other business premises as full members at a discounted rate of 50% of the full membership rate. All entitlements will remain, with the exclusion of voting rights.
Rate: 50% of Full Membership
If the business does not qualify for Full Membership (i.e. the business is not engaged in full-time or continuously in the industry), Associate Membership may be applicable. To be approved for Associate Membership status, the business must be allied to, involved in or associated with the boating and marine industry.
Probationary Membership is available in each of the other membership categories to applicants who have not been engaged in the boating and marine industry for more than 12 continuous months but who meet all other membership criteria. Probationary period is for one year from the applicant’s approval.
*Associate and Probationary members do not hold voting rights at association meetings.
Contact us today to find out more about becoming a BIAV member by calling 03 8696 5600 or email email@example.com.