Marine Businesses Equip for Small Engine Emissions & Evaporative Laws
Marine industry representatives from throughout Australia and overseas converged for a day-long seminar to discuss the implications of future small engine emission standards and evaporative laws in Australia. The aim of the seminar was to assist businesses in the planning and preparation of compliant products to meet future emission regulations.
Held by the Boating Industry Association of Victoria (BIAV) on 14, July 2016, the Small Engine Emissions & Evaporative Laws: What You Need to Know information seminar, was well attended by industry representatives, boat and engine manufacturers, and boat dealers who heard from world renowned experts in evaporative emission regulatory laws including:
- Craig Scholten – Technical VP, American Boating and Yacht Council (ABYC), USA
- Chris Bostwick – Engineering Manager, Attwood Corporation, USA
- George Bellwoar – VP Sales & Marketing, Perko, Inc., USA
- Chris Brown – Director of Compliance and Technology, SeaStar Solutions, USA
- Declan O’Connor-Cox – Director, Air Quality Section, Department of the Environment, Canberra
From the positive discussion generated at the information seminar, manufacturers are better informed, to develop draft proposals for emission and evaporative laws that are practical to Australian standards.
To download presentation papers and watch a video of the seminar please visit http://biavic.com.au/presentation-meeting-papers/