Marina Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Operations Manager
The Marina Maintenance Assistant is responsible to serve marina customers and guests and maintain the cleanliness of the marina by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the highest level of customer and guest services.
- Performs all routine maintenance and establish preventative measures.
- Carries out cleaning duties that meet established quality standards for all marina related operations.
- lifting & moving.
- Undertake the setting up and disassembly for particular events and the moving of furniture and equipment.
- Assists is securing boats to docks.
- Reports disturbances in dock area to superiors and maintains general vigilance.
- Complying with instructions or duties as may be reasonably assigned
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Such qualities and qualifications include:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organisational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems and reports them to immediate supervisor in a timely manner; Gathers information and passes through to immediate supervisor; Put forward alternative solutions; Works well in a group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrate group presentation skills; Participate in meetings
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potential unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
General Working Practices
The Marina Maintenance Assistant is expected to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the smooth running of the marina and when necessary to stand-in for other members of staff to the best of his/her ability.
A flexible approach towards working times is required. The Marina Assistant shall take into account operational requirements (e.g. peak season demands, boat shows
If you would like to apply for this role please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Addressed to: Brad Lakeman- Operations Manager