Code of Ethics
All members of the BIAV are bound by a Code of Ethics, providing the consumer with peace of mind and the assurance that they will receive quality products and services.
Member businesses and organisations are placed in a position of trust to:
- Act honestly and fairly in all business dealings with the consumer
- Maintain professional courtesy and integrity at all times
- Ensure all advertising and representations are truthful and accurate
- At all times act in an environmentally responsible manner
- Do all that is possible to promote safe boating and education practices
- Render accurate, truthful and expert advice to the community
- Strive for excellence in quality of service to customers
- Promptly attend to all justifiable warranty claims
Code of Practice
The aims and objectives of the Code of Practice are:
- To record the ethics and obligations to be observed by all BIA members in the conduct of their business and in their dealings with others. The Code comprises the ethics, obligations, and other information in this document.
- To promote industry self-regulation.
- To maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the BIA and its members.
- To promote public confidence in dealing with a BIA member.
- To clarify all reasonable expectations of all parties to the Code.
- To help prevent consumer/member problems.
- To assist in the resolution of disputes, if and when they arise.
- To outline the best management practices for design, operation, and maintenance of marinas and shipwright services.